The Bendigo region is a vibrant and innovative destination for all kinds of travellers. It’s filled with businesses of all sizes who contribute to both guest experience excellence and to the local economy.
The Bendigo Tourism Board Inc. works with the City of Greater Bendigo’s Tourism and Major Events teams in a unique partnership; to grow our industry, provide training and education, and develop opportunities for our members; whilst growing the visitation to our beautiful destination.
Bendigo Tourism Board Inc. is a registered not-for-profit incorporated body, consisting of 10 volunteer representatives who meet as a Board with local government representatives on a monthly basis to advocate, plan and deliver strategic objectives that support the needs of members and the broader industry.
With the support of the City of Greater Bendigo, Bendigo Tourism Board Inc contributes approximately $175,000 each year supporting the promotion of the destination and members. Additionally, the Board financially supports member training, networking opportunities, industry development, industry representation to government at all levels and a number of other initiatives that align with the goals of the Strategic Plan.
The City of Greater Bendigo’s Tourism and Major Events team provides the operational delivery to the Bendigo Tourism Board’s members, providing opportunities for members to be involved in marketing campaigns, industry development, networking and visitor services opportunities. The team is responsible for:
– Delivering seasonal destination marketing campaigns, including national promotional of over 50 major events.
– Marketing Bendigo as an international destination
– Attracting and supporting over 120+ major events in Bendigo, including sporting, cultural, gastronomy and business events.
– Visitor Services including accommodation and tour bookings, local retail products, heritage and food tours.
– Organising networking events and product development and training opportunities, including the annual Bendigo NEXT conference.
– Delivering and receiving regular communications with members
If you would like to know more about Bendigo Tourism, including how you can become a member, contact:
Tourism Membership Officer | Bendigo Tourism and Major Events
City of Greater Bendigo
p. 03 5434 6123