Message to our Members from the Bendigo Tourism Board.
Dear Bendigo Tourism member,
Firstly, we hope you and your team are staying safe during these challenging times.
We write to update you on some important steps and actions that the Bendigo Tourism Board made at an emergency meeting this week.
We are pleased to advise members of our 2020/21 COVID-19 Compassionate and Hardship Package;
- If a member is experiencing financial hardship, we would like to support you by offering your first 6 months of membership FREE (until Jan 1, 2021). There will be no reduction in benefits. Opt in for 6-month free membership via the Bendigo Tourism portal.
- If a member is able to continue to pay their membership, this is encouraged as it will provide the ability to implement a range of initiatives and benefits with the aim of attracting visitation.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for all members. The EAP provides a range of mental health and well-being services to our members at no cost. The EAP for members is supported by the City of Greater Bendigo . More details will be forwarded shortly.
- Further initiatives and support will be announced over the coming weeks with a focus on directly supporting our members during this challenging period.
- Complimentary 12-month membership offered by the Victorian Chamber and VTIC valued at $700.
- Complimentary 12-month web listing offered by Visit Victoria Web valued at $295.
- Complimentary tutorials offered by the Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC) Road to Recovery Tourism Tutorials. Tutorials can be accessed at https://www.atec.net.au/build-back-better/road-to-recovery-series
The Bendigo Tourism Board will continue to advocate strongly for our members on the following;
- Calling on all levels of government to support the continuation of JobKeeper for the Tourism and Hospitality sector past September.
- Advocating for additional support measures for regional Victoria.
- Acknowledging the City of Greater Bendigo’s commitment to supporting the sector by reducing fees and charges.
- Continuing to support the “Love Your Local Campaign”
- Advocating to State Government for additional fee relief including liquor license fees and payroll tax.
- Additional Federal, State and Local Government support for the Accommodation, Tourism and Events sectors.
- Reducing the 4m2 rule for hotels, bars, attractions and venues that stage events in regional Victoria.
- Review of the Victorian Government Business Support Fund for unsuccessful applicants.
- Bendigo as a proposed test case to open up regional Victoria. Encourage an amended set of restrictions.
The Board will be advocating directly with government departments, local members and Ministers on these matters as well as through a range of mediums including news media. If any members have a concern, they would like us to advocate on, please don’t hesitate to contact any member of the board.
We recognise that a sudden economic absence of this magnitude is extremely challenging to absorb, but we want our members to understand that we are doing everything in our power to support them through this unprecedented time. The Bendigo Tourism Board partners with the City of Greater Bendigo’s Tourism and Major Events Unit to facilitate and support a thriving industry. Together they encourage economic growth and strive to be a strong foundation for a proud tourism community.
For any questions, comments or feedback regarding this, please don’t hesitate to contact Tanya Cavallaro, Executive Assistant to the Bendigo Tourism Board on 54346000 or email [email protected]
Bendigo Tourism Board
Julius Porlai Jnr