Bendigo is a spectacular place to be in spring. With some uncertainty about events at the moment, our spring campaign will focus on our destination and spring experiences.
We have created a spring destination brand for Bendigo that is eye-catching and highlights our beautiful flowers and fashion exhibitions.
In 2020 we are focussing on the following themes for spring:
- Spring gardens & outdoors
- Art and fashion
- Indigenous culture and heritage
- Wellness & connection
Click here to view the Spring campaign Prospectus.
Are you looking for some inspiration to get involved in the spring campaign? We’ve brainstormed some ideas around each of the themes and would love to hear your ideas.
Click here to see some visual inspiration for each of the themes
Spring gardens & outdoors
Our gardens, annual tulip display, nurseries, farms, heritage gardens, beer gardens, cycling trails, walking trails, and wineries are all examples of what our region has to offer for people wanting to enjoy the great outdoors.
- gardening workshops
- accommodation packages including bicycles
- gourmet picnics, or progressive picnics
- farm tours & stays
- spring winery experiences, like a ‘Shakespeare in the vines’
- tulip treats and menus infused with floral inspiration
Art and fashion
Bendigo is a creative city with a thriving art and fashion scene. This spring Bendigo Art Gallery will host the Piinpi: Contemporary Indigenous Fashion exhibition, which will add to the legacy of incredible fashion exhibitions we’ve had here. We are also a hub of artists and makers, with a vibrant retail scene, and funky vintage stores.
- art classes at wineries or in our beautiful outdoor spaces
- botanical print workshops
- art studio trail and workshops
- floral window displays in retail stores
- silent disco walking tours
- jewellery making workshops
Indigenous culture and heritage
- Bendigo Art Gallery will host the Piinpi: Contemporary Indigenous Fashion exhibition
- Visit the Dja Dja Wurrung tram
- Contact Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation to discuss a collaboration
- Support Dja Dja Wurrung artists and businesses
- Find ways to respectfully connect with country in your business – this video has some great suggestions
- hands-on heritage experiences
- heritage buildings with contemporary uses
- Bendigo’s culinary heritage
- Bendigo’s cultural heritage
- Heritage and Halloween spooky experiences
Wellness & connection
- meditation and mindfulness
- yoga at a winery
- gastronomy and astronomy
- outdoor cooking classes
- workshops to learn and get creative
- pampering and relaxation
- floral/garden themed desserts
- floral/garden themed cocktails
- floral/garden themed menus
- farmgate experiences
- spring produce and markets
If you’d like to have a brainstorm or discuss ideas contact Diantha Vess at [email protected] or on (03) 5434 6280.